Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The testing is over...

I have now completed both phase 1 and phase 2 of the Captain's test I have been taking since April 30th and studying for much longer. I am pleased to announce that I have passed...although not at well as Iwould have hoped. I scored an 86 which places me 31st statewide. I have no idea where that places me at my complex as they only give statewide results not geographic. I only listed myself eligible for Buena Vista. I know the other person who passed from BV is ranked 17th but there might not be anyone between he and I so I could potentially get an interview since they do the top 3 geographically. That being said...there are not any positions in BV right now either so the list could whittle down some before we have an opening. There are some potentials but there has to be some movement first. I am just glad it is all over and the experience was cool. I love what I am doing right now, so I am good either way and there is always next year as this list will only be good for a year~and I have 18 left before I can retire...so I have lots of options! Thank you to everyone who prayed for me and sent good thoughts through this process.

I probably won't be getting any scrapping done until the SWARM June 20-23. I take over Duty Officer Thursday at noon so I will be on call 24/7 until I leave for San Francisco on the morning of the 12th. I actually am supposed to still be DO on the 12th but my partner is going to cover for me! Whoo hoo! Shawn and I will return very early in the morning on the 16th and I am taking that day off too. Then it's just 3 work days until the SWARM, so I likely will get nada, zero, ziltch done! Oh well, 4 days of scrapping coming up. I can't wait!

TTFN!

No comments: